TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following Terms and Conditions apply to all users, viewers and accessor of www.TheWhiskyU.com (“Site”). By accessing this Site, or bookings, enrollment, subscription, you agree to the below terms. If you do not agree to the terms, please do not access or review this Site.
This site is operated by WhiskyU Limited (“WU” or “We”), a private company registered in Hong Kong. Please contact info@TheWhiskyU.com with any concerns you might have in relation to this site or these terms and conditions.
This Site is subject to regular update and revision. While we attempt to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all material posted on the Site, we take no responsibility for errors or omissions which are the result of circumstances outside our control, technical causes, or otherwise, nor will we be liable if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. We maintain the right to delete or modify the content, presentation, performance, facilities and availability of all or part of this Site without notice.
1. RESTRICTIONS ON USE
This Site is under constant modification and updates, and WU will not be liable if for any reason the Site or any dates/materials on it are unavailable/omitted at any time or for any period. Material from this Site may not be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, uploaded, posted, or transmitted in any way without the prior written consent of WU. WU is the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site and in material published on it. All such rights are reserved. Neither title nor intellectual property rights are transferred to you by use of or access to this Site; rather, all rights, title and interest in and to all aspects of the Site remain the property of WU.
2. RESTRICTION OF LIABILITY
To the extent permitted by law, under no circumstances shall WU be liable for any loss or damages whatsoever.
The material on this could include inaccuracies, technical or otherwise, or typographic errors. The materials on this Site are provided on an “As Is”basis, and to the fullest extent permitted by law.
WU does not make any warranties or representations.
This agreement shall be governed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong SAR, notwithstanding any principles of conflicts of law. Any dispute arising from these Terms and Conditions will be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong courts, although this does not affect WU’s right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these terms and conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country. Except as described otherwise, all materials in this Site are made available only to provide information about WU and its products. WU controls and operates this Site from Hong Kong SAR and makes no representation that these materials are appropriate or available for use in other locations.
4. TRADEMARK INFORMATION
All trademarks and all related logos, designs, labels, and all other intellectual property used herein belong to WU’s. The use or misuse of these trademarks or any content of this Site, except as provided above, is strictly prohibited.
5. LINKS TO AND FROM OUR SITE
This Site contains links to other websites and information on the Internet, which may be of interest. These websites and their contents are not endorsed or promoted by us in any way, unless otherwise stated. We have no control over such outside websites and you acknowledge by your use of this Site that WU can accept no responsibility for the content of the these external sites and should you choose to use them then you do so at your own risk.
For the avoidance of doubt you expressly agree that you will not create any links from any other website to the whole or any part of our Site, either directly or indirectly, without our express prior written permission.
WU processes information about you in accordance with Privacy Ordinance of Hong Kong SAR. WU will not disclose customers’ details to third parties. Data collected will be used solely by The Scotch Whisky Experience to enable us to process and deliver orders and to contact you from time to time with offers and information updates. Please contact us on info@TheWhiskyU.com if you do not wish to be contacted with such information or un-subscription.
7. VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
You must not misuse the Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the service on which the Site is stored and/or hosted or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. You must not attack this site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack or by any like means. WU will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or any website linked to it.
Products and promotions of WU are produced and available in many parts of the world. However, this Site may describe products, promotions or contests that are not available in your country or state of domicile. This Site may be linked with other sites and WU is not responsible for the content of those sites. The inclusion of any link to any other site is provided for information purposes only and does not imply endorsement by WU of the sites and WU does not make any representation or warranties about any such sites. Failure by WU to enforce any right under these Terms and Conditions or any part of them shall not constitute a waiver of such a right or part of these Terms and Conditions. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity of any remaining provisions. WU can revise these Terms and Conditions or the content of the Site at any time by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.
WU is not liable and cannot be held responsible for any misprints, especially for pricing and events published. Events published under “WORKSHOP & COURSE” are subject to change based on demand and availability.
Current course costs and dates are available on our website www.TheWhiskyU.com
WU reserves the right to vary the course costs and dates without notice.
It is the responsibility of the Candidate to ensure they have read the course content and that the course will meet the necessary training needs.
The Candidate’s place(s) is/are only confirmed upon receipt of the enrolment details, full payment, and confirmation email from WU.
10. INVOICING AND PAYMENT
Payment is due at the time of booking the course.
Should there be an error in the pricing on the website, WU reserves the right not to honour the price. The normal price of the course will be offered.
11. COURSE ATTENDANCE
Candidates will receive joining instructions via email to the email address provided on the enrolment form.
Candidate is to ensure:
- that all personal details are up to date and that WU are promptly notified of any changes.
- they have read and understood the T&C herewith as referred in all invoices.
- to study for the course during the scheduled lessons.
- If you do not attend the course, the course fee will still be incurred.
- No certificate(s) shall be issued whilst there is an outstanding balance due to WU.
- All Certificates will be posted to the address given on the enrolment form. If there are any changes, please advise WU accordingly.
- It may be necessary, for reasons beyond the control of WU, to change the course content and/or timing of the programme, the date, the venue or the tutor. WU endeavours to take all reasonable steps to notify the candidate of such changes. WU are not liable for any loss incurred from such changes.
- All requests for cancellations and/or transfers must be received in writing by post or email via info@TheWhiskyU.com
- It is at the sole discretion of WU as to whether a cancellation and/or transfer is allowed.
- In general, no cancellation or transfer is accepted once candidate has paid and been confirmed.
- In the event of there being insufficient numbers booked onto a course, WU reserves the right to cancel or postpone the course, and will arrange with the candidate as best as one can on an alternative date.
- In the event of cancellation by WU of a course/event/workshop within one week for whatever reasons, all fees paid will be reimbursed in full, or the payment will be transferred in full to another WU course. WU shall not accept liability for any consequential loss and shall have no liability to reimburse any other costs that may have been incurred.
- Instructor may be changed without notice to continue the course without affecting the progress of the course.
- Alternatively, the instructor may be changed without notice to continue the course without affecting the progress of the course.